Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Motel noir...

From: Laurent Lehmann (lehmann.laurent@gmail.com)
Date: 15 Jul 2009

    On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Kevin Burton Smith<kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com> wrote:

    > "Copperhead Road" would make a dandy HardCaseCrime-style book. Despite
    > the references to Vietnam and the DEA, it has a real Robert Mitchum,
    > 1950s Gold Medal vibe.
    >
    > At least in the movie that plays in my head every time I hear it.

    And Springsteen's songs inspired a few noir adaptations - Indian Runner, a short stories collection inspired by Meeting Across The River, some French short stories. Nebraska is as noir as they come - the title track, Atlantic City, Johnny 99, State Trooper,...

    --
    Laurent
    http://www.last.fm/user/llehmann/