Re: Re : RARA-AVIS: Motel Noir

From: Sean Shapiro (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Jul 2009

    Bloch might not always be noir but he's usually pretty hardboiled.

    If we're adding movies to the mix and if we include hotels, I reccomend Paolo Sorrentino's Consequences of Love. A mafia bagman living in a hotel in Switzerland takes a chance on a barmaid...

    Sean Shapiro

    ________________________________ From: Jeff Vorzimmer <jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:54:16 PM Subject: Re: Re : RARA-AVIS: Motel Noir

    > Steve, I agree with you. The movie Psycho is not noir. The Bloch book is not noir either. It's a horror thriller (!). By the way, the book is excellent, better than the movie.

    Then nothing by Bloch would be considered noir. Do the psychotic characters somehow disqualify it from being noir?

    Jeff