RARA-AVIS: Two buck books

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 16 Oct 2007

Patrick King said: "I'd love to see a return to a $2.00 paperback book. Don't tell me no one can make money doing that."

Sure, and your salary can revert to what it would have been back when paperbacks were two bucks. Don't tell me your boss will mind doing that."

Sorry, Patrick. It ain't gonna happen, unless everyone (including the author) agrees not to make any money on it. Me, personally? I like to get paid.

And as for capital punishment, if it really was a deterrent, the few countries that still routinely execute prisoners would also be the safest.

They aren't. Look out the window.

Kevin