Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Motel noir...

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 16 Jul 2009

    I stayed in one near the Orly airport a bunch of years ago and it was exactly as you describe it...cheap, yet clean and cold (I’m talking about the look), functional...but not funky/trashy/dirty in any way...but I’m sure something can be arranged...They don’t look like motels, at least the French ones I have seen, more like a 20 story block of concrete... I give you some info found on the net below and you can also check the wicki which explains that there are F1 hotels across the globe from Brazil to Japan, from Oz to Africa... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Formule_1 For some reason I think that French F1champion Alain Prost was involved in this at the start...maybe as a personality for ads...??? For some other reason I think one of the French crime writers talks about it in one or two novels, maybe Manchette...?...Maybe Lebrun...I can’t remember.

    Bonne nuit...

    Montois