RARA-AVIS: Motel noir...

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 11 Jul 2009

    Since we've been discussing niche noir -- western noir, sheriff noir, et al
    -- lately, I wanted to toss my request for recommendations out for motel noir -- noir novels with a motel as the setting, or at least an important part of the background. I'm thinking novels like Gil Brewer's THE RED SCARF and Day Keene's HOME IS THE SAILOR. I suspect there are others I've read as well, but those are the two that come instantly to mind. There's just something about a small, seedy motel setting in a '50s noir novel that seems so right....

    Anyway, I'd love to put my hands on a few good ones. Anyone have any titles for me?

    Ron C.