Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross Macdonald: Lew Archer & adopted sons

From: Stephen Burridge (stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 03 Jul 2009

    In "The Doomsters" Archer agrees to help a young man in trouble, and becomes involved with a rich dysfunctional family. In the end his own feelings about taking on a semi-paternal relationship to a young man come explicitly to the fore. I thought this was an excellent book but I was a little taken aback by the way Archer himself took centre stage at the end.

    Stephen