RARA-AVIS: A Darkness More Than Night

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 28 Mar 2008

I just wanted to add my 2 cents before the month ends.

I read A Darkness More Than Night this month. I try to read authors in order (and had gotten a bit behind on this one), so I knew all of the characters from previous books. It was really interesting to see them all interact.

I will admit to some initial skepticism about the plot gimmick, which I knew going in, that McCaleb ends up suspecting Bosch. But it was handled very, very well. Of course, I never for a second believed it could be true. Not only because I knew the Bosch series continued, but because I knew him from earlier books. However, it was totally understandable that McCaleb might believe it, as he did not know Bosch as well as the reader.

Michael mentioned that the reviews of this book expressed disappointment. I can't imagine why. I really enjoyed the book quite a bit, and it will get me back into reading more by him.

Anyway, Michael, thanks very much for a lot of good reading, both in the past and in the future, and thanks for visiting us here and giving us some insight into your work.

Mark