RE: RARA-AVIS: Female 1st Person P.O.V.

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Sep 2003

Gary wrote:
> Here is a book we talked about on this list a few
> weeks ago:
> THE MONKEY'S MASK: AN EROTIC MURDER MYSTERY by
> Dorothy Porter. This is a
> lesbian P. I. novel told in verse.

************* Thanks for mentioning this one, Gary. I'd say it qualifies for the noir tag, too. Although it runs a couple hundred pages, I doubt that there's much more text than just a long story. It's moody and intense and desperate. Maybe a bit too many body fluids for me, but I like books that push me around some.

miker