RARA-AVIS: Norbert Davis questions

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 18 Nov 2002

Bludis Jack wrote: What a great decade the 30s were for hardboiled and noir. Just mentioning th titles brings goose bumps . . . alought I admit that I have never heard of the first four authroths mentioned. I guess you had to be there.

Nov 2002: 1930-1939
   Raoul Whitfield's GREEN ICE (1930), Paul Cain's FAST ONE (1932),
   Frederick Nebel, Norbert Davis...

******** What about Norbert Davis? What is good to read from him? Are his novels hardboiled? I read the page at thrilling detective, and it mentioned only one collection of his stories, and those were Max Latin ones. Looking at the bibliography, Max Latin is not listed until a 1940 story, yet Davis's work extends back to 1932. Are the earlier stories collected anywhere, or just available one or two at a time in omnibuses?

Thanks, miker