Re: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy's Dahlia

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:33:08 -0500 Donna Goldthwaite wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> Delurking for the first time to comment on the following:
>
> ED mentioned:
> >I haven't seen this recommended yet, so I'll draw Bill Hagen's
> >attention
> >to Ellroy's _My Dark Places_ not a novel, but a discussion of the
> >Dahlia Case.
>
> I thought that _My Dark Places_ chronicled Ellroy's investigation of
> his mother's unsolved murder. Does he mention the Dahlia case as well?
> Or am I mixing up books?
>
> Wondering,
>
> Donna Goldthwaite
> dgold@javanet.com
> #
> # To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to majordomo@icomm.ca.
> # The web pages for the list are at http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/.

Yes, he does as I recall (if not in MDP in other writings or speaking of
his) and he sort-a entwines them because he thought the deaths were
similar. It was a theory at the time that Elizabeth Short (the Black
Daliah) was killed by a policeman and they protected one of their own.

--
whose DOROTHYL nom is Kate Warne the ex-Pinkerton in
The Woman With the Rose Tattoo by Mari Hall