Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Winslow's California Fire and Life

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 May 2010

    Hmm. You're right, Jim. There were also two films, Don Winslow of the Navy (1942) and Don Winslow of the Coast Guard (1943). And currently there is a photographer Don Winslow, who claims he "blends black and white photojournalism with traditional wedding images". Coincidence?  I think not. It's clear we have uncovered a hidden conspiracy of Don Winslows going back almost a century.

    ________________________________ From: JIM DOHERTY <jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wed, May 26, 2010 9:53:09 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Winslow's California Fire and Life

      John,

    Re your comment below:

    "Well, the crime-writing Don Winslow has expressed surprise at the porn-writing Don Winslow and declared that they are two different people. But who can trust a guy that makes stuff up for a living?"

    What I want to know is if either of them had anything to do with the lieutenant commander in the Office of Naval Intelligence who head-lined a comic strip called DON WINSLOW OF THE NAVY that ran from 1934 to 1955.

    JIM DOHERTY