RARA-AVIS: Mall

From: ssshapir (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 31 Dec 2009

    Recently finished Eric Bogosian's 'Mall'. Which I was quite impressed with. Shooting spree in a mall told from the POV of five seperate characters. As you'd expect from a monologist like Bogosian the voices ring true. Excellent suspense and a jaundiced outlook. I don't think it's echt noir but it certainly has noirish elements. Was wondering if any other rara avians have come across this book. Has Bogosian written anything else that could be classified as noir or even neo-noir?

    Sean Shapiro