RARA-AVIS: TV PI revival?

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 31 Jul 2009

    From yesterday's www.medialifemagazine.com: Donal Logue has been cast to star in FX’s “Terriers,” a comedy pilot from the creator of “The Shield.” Logue will play a former police officer who starts a P.I. business with his best friend.

    Between this and the Rockford remake, apparently we're going through one of TV's periodic attempts to revive the PI show. Not that there aren't PI shows on, just aren't usually labeled as such: the civilian investigators in Monk and Psych (and Mentalist, for that matter) are so closely tied to the cops they seldom if ever take independent cases. Far closer to traditional PI stories, and Rockford, in its way, is Burn Notice, where the trio uses con jobs and capers to save their clients. Mark

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)