RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Nag Nag Nag Noir

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 24 Jul 2009

    Kevin, Your comments about parody being based on a self-consciousness of genre reminded me of John Cawelti's article, "Chinatown and Generic Transformaiton in Recent American Films." The films might not be too recent now, but the article is still an excellent analysis of the evolution of fictional genres. And, due to the wonders of the internet, it can be read here: http://a-s.clayton.edu/vbonner/courses/cms2100/readings/Chinatown%20and%20Generic%20Transformation.pdf Mark