Re: RARA-AVIS: Nag, Nag, Nag Noir

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 22 Jul 2009

    Would you (or Kevin) provide some examples of these non-noir noir novels? I'd like to see some evidence of this pro-active marketing. My experience is that it comes from elsewhere, usually from reviewers and readers. I'd have thought that noir is too narrow a subgenre for most big publishers to find it attractive, hence the fondness for the 'thriller' label. Or is this issue perceived to be specific to small presses? In which case, which ones?

    Al

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Sullivan" <DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net>