Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Song Noir

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 21 Jul 2009

    Clarification might be of the order...I have the feeling my note here was misread...? What I meant was...with the appropriate degrees of humour...: 1. the group CJ are not, by any strech junkies themselves...they look like pretty clean and healthy customers... 2. the group CJ contains cowboys (male members of the group) and cowgirl
    (female member of the group) by name only, because they do not look like or act like the cowboys/cowgirls that either we read about in western books or see in western movies...whether or not they are really cow-persons in life is immaterial since we are dealing here with fiction and crime fiction in particular... 3. my comment on their Ścutenessą relates evidently to their overall style, approach, presentation, musical arrangements, mix...throughout their production

    Their first album (Whites Off) recorded in Toronto in 86 remains to me the only interesting one (much more blues inspired than the rest of production), the one with the most bite...The rest remains at the Canadian edge between alt. rock and country, and simply leaves me cold...and not Ścrime/nouar inspiredą...

    Merci du Montois...