RARA-AVIS: Re: Region Free DVD Players

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Jul 2009

    The "region" scam is just that, a scam. Why should the DVD they sell me depend on WHERE I'm going to play it.? And it is nobody's business where I play it. The firmware allows it but they don't publicize it. In other words, practically all DVD players are region-free, it is not a hack, it is a feature. But they don't make that known. It's collusion, a scam. Imagine if they did that with music CDs... sorry, this CD you bought in Japan doesn't play in Germany!! You need to buy another one, buddy!

    mrt