RE: RARA-AVIS: more bar noir?

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 20 Jul 2009

    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto:rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com] On
    > Behalf Of Frederick Zackel

    > Noir is YOU getting screwed and doomed

    My property taxes just went up. Is that mortgage noir?

    My homeowner's insurance just went up. Is that insurance noir?

    I think labeling everyone's true-life misfortune or violence done to them as noir is misusing the term. Noir isn't a way of life...it's a handy -- albeit contextually malleable -- label for entertainment vehicles (books, film, et al). However, I'm not going to be the one to start another label war or try and/or define, as I seem them, the boundaries between reality and fiction.

    Mortgage noir. Insurance noir. So be it.

    Might make paying bills this month more fun, if nothing else.

    Ron C.