Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Song Noir

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 18 Jul 2009

    Sounds great...I like very much the idea of the association of noir.crime and music...rock especially...

    I think Iım much more attached to Œstyleı, than you are in your taste, since I would never touch, listen, go, near the likes of Cowboy Junkies, Springsteen, Earle, Westerberg, any MOR, Billy Gentry, the Band...but Velvet, the Cramps, Gene Vincent...on the contrary...and I grew up in Euro as ŒRolling Stonesı and Beatles were establishment and Œcuteıand were therefore Œon the other sideı of the tracks (except Lennon)...Iım much more sensitive to the look, the attitude, the genre...and therefore I donıt follow any of the Œothersı...
    ...but we have not even talked about some other Œmusic familiesı where crime/noir story and attitude is a-plenty and abundant: industrial
    (Ministry/Front 242...), some tecno, hip hop, some rap...and of course some heavy metal (Motorhead to start with), and how to ignore some of the flamenco and the fado...

    All this to say that this is one of the rare times that music is talked about in connection with crime stories in rara, and it is a pure delight to hear somebody think of titles, songs, bands...etc...in connection with it, so thank you for picking this up and I promise to keep your list and Itune some of the ones you mentioned...you have tickled my curiosity...

    Montois