Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Motel noir...

From: Laurent Lehmann (lehmann.laurent@gmail.com)
Date: 15 Jul 2009

    On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:48:11 -0400, Lawrence wrote:

    >P.S. Sorry if it's a little off topic.

    It's the kind of classic I never tire of.

    Both _Le jour se lève_ and _Hôtel du Nord_ are true gems, although I must admit a slight preference for _Le jour se lève_, which actually shocked me when I saw it for the first time. I didn't expect this kind of unrepentant bleakness from a French movie by creators I always associated with more "poetic" movies.

    _Le jour se lève_ reminds me of Léo Malet's _Trilogie Noire_. Malet, of course, was also a poet...

    --
    Laurent