Re: RARA-AVIS: "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Jul 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Sean Shapiro <ssshapir@...> wrote:

    > There's also a writer in Ted Heller's satirical novel 'Slabrat' who may or may not be a CM. (Not that I have anything against CM, but I couldn't help laughing at the character's conceits.) He has his publishers airbrush IN his wrinkles.

    What are the conceits of Cormac McCarthy? He's apparently a low profile guy who doesn't interact much with the literary establishment. He gave Oprah an interview and, essentially, didn't tell her anything... even though he was extremely pleasant to her. Certainly, compared with the likes of Updike, he's a self-effacing guy who doesn't mess with what others are writing. Perhaps he doesn't care.

    Kid