Re: Re : RARA-AVIS: Best Sheriff Mysteries (was "western vs noir, cowboy vs private eye")

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 13 Jul 2009

    In a message dated 7/13/09 12:57:55 PM, webeurop@yahoo.fr writes:

    > If you want
    > a sheriff in rural settings, then go for John Mac Partland’s I’LL SEE YOU
    > IN
    > HELL which is a first class HB/noir novel. Though and violent.
    >
    > Also: SWEET
    > CHEAT by Peter Duncan: rural, ironic, caustic and a good novel with a
    > sheriff battling
    > against bigotry…. Not to be missed.

    I recommend former Clayton County Iowa Deputy Sheriff Donald Harstad's series about Maitland County Deputy Sheriff Carl Housman. tough, rural procedurals based on actual events

    John Lau

    eggs have no business dancing with stones

    ************** Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on tour at TourTracker.com.
    (http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)