RARA-AVIS: Somebody's Done For

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 22 Oct 2008

    I'm reading the last Goodis novel Somebody's Done For and was wondering if anyone had any additional information about the book. So far, I would say it's one of his best and I'm curious as why it wasn't published in his lifetime. It was obviously written sometime in the late 50s-early 60s, judging from some clues in the text and stylistically it's very similar to Fire in the Flesh (1957). Was it turned down by Fawcett? Did Goodis himself finally get the book published or was it sold by his estate?

    Jeff