RARA-AVIS: Re: CHASING THE DIME and Michael Connelly

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Aug 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Nevins" <nevins_mark@...> wrote:

    > I'd appreciate any insights or comments. I also believe that Mr.
    Connelly may be a member of this group, and I hope this post was not insensitive or inappropriate. (I will also note that my better half is a big fan of Connelly's work, and we must have a half-dozen of his HCs on the shelf; I actually chose CHASING THE DIME as the audiobook for this trip as I figured we might both enjoy it.)

    I remember it as a good book, not as good as The Black Echo, The Concrete Blonde, The Poet or The Lincoln Lawyer, which look to me like classics. Be careful with audio books, though. The reading can completely change the mental images and even how you perceive the pacing of the story. Now, if you didn't like it, I'm not about to suggest that you read it, of couse...

    For something that nobody asked: I detest audio books.

    Best

    mrt