Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The Breaking Point (Calling our man Beaver)

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Jun 2008

--- On Mon, 6/30/08, BaxDeal@aol.com < BaxDeal@aol.com> wrote:

conversely, she's never been used to better effect than in THE MISFITS, written by Arthur Miller, her husband at the time. she was much much more than a pretty face

Absolutely! THE MISFITS is the only truly great Monroe vehicle. I'd love to have seen her in a script like Molly Ringwald's FRESH HORSES. Not that Ringwald wasn't great in that very disturbing tale. But the Marilyn thing would completely explained Andrew McCarthy's inability to let it go. She was never used as she should have been except for THE MISFITS script by her husband. And that was her last film, too.

Patrick King