Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Mickey Spillane

From: William Ahearn ( williamahearn@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Oct 2007

--- Patrick King < abrasax93@yahoo.com> wrote:

 On the
> other hand, does anyone here over the age of 30
> still
> think that Spillane's books are well-written or good
> reads? Can you actually read I, THE JURY or MY GUN
> IS
> QUICK all the way through and feel satisfied?

I'm a big fan of the film Kiss Me, Deadly and when I read the book I saw how really cool the adaptation is in that it kept the basic plot and replaced the predictable core with a radioactive heart. The film rocks and the book was really silly. I don't read him anymore.

William

Essays and Ramblings
<http://www.williamahearn.com>