RARA-AVIS: Re: Evan Hunter sex book

From: Curt Purcell ( curtpurcell@hotmail.com)
Date: 18 Oct 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jay Gertzman <jgertzma@...> wrote:

> Are there other paperback originals or soft-core sex pulps of the 50s
> and 60s that describe sex scenes as Hunter does in _Lust Dream_?

It *really* varies--as you note, sometimes even within a single book!

>Some
> such passages were actually written by the editor not the author.

Huh--I believe you, but where'd you hear that? In the case of Earl Kemp, at least, he was mainly an editor I think, but also sometimes an author, so this wouldn't surprise me at all.

> last few, and I guess "I fell on her like a tree" [!] is Block's
> writing.

Haha--a very similar phrasing occurs in Stark's HUNTER, in the very first pages, as women in cars fantasize about Parker as he walks across the bridge.

> Congrats to Curt Purcell for his "groovy age
> of horror" website.

Thanks very much, Jay!