RARA-AVIS: 1969

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 25 Sep 2007

Miker:

"Eagleton and others relate the beginning of postmodernism to the end of the massive student rioting in France."

And the era also saw the publication of Derrida's and Kristeva's major works in which the former rigid structuralism was refuted. There's a name for this, but it escapes me at the moment (lingual turn?).

Haven't been paying attention closely, but has anyone mentioned architecture. I think the term was first coined in architectural criticism.

(Someone must think now that there are two Juris on this panel, the one hilights obscure fifties paperbacks and the other talks about high-brow things.)

Juri