RARA-AVIS: Re: What are you reading?

From: Peter ( rightguy60@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Sep 2007

Last couple months have re-read Cassidy's Girl by Goodis (this after reading the Hard Case edition of The Wounded and The Slain), Big Blowdown & Shoedog by Pelecanos and Tapping The Source by Kem Nunn... also in that time both Corss and Ammunition by Bruen, Issue #1 of Murdaland (Goodis, Bruen and Woodrell all under one roof!), Got by D (you all need to read this one), Drive by Sallis, Charlie Houston's The Shotgun Rule (disappointed), Bottomfeeder by B.H. Fingerman (hard-bitten vampire thing unlike anything you've read before--high praise for this one) and just wrapped up the newly issued FIGHT by Eugen Robinson. Non- fiction but about as hard-bitten, cynical and funny as they come--a good one to be sure.

On deck I've got Lynskey's The Blue Cheer and a pile of Hard Case's handed to me for my birthday, of which I think I'll start off with Aleas' Songs of Innocence.

-Peter www.yourfleshmag.com