Re: RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos on dogfighting in the New Republic

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 06 Sep 2007

Miker-

Boy, are you streeeeeeetching.

I saw Pelecanos praising the dog for its loyalty and lovability, which said "passivity" only exacerbated.

Cattle are not especially lovable (at least not to me), and as my rancher grandfather (who was too soft-hearted to butcher them himself, and would raise them, then sell them, or hire someone to do the deed) used to say, "Cattle are loyal to whoever is dumping the bales of alfalfa out of the back of the truck, and then only as far as their first mouthful."

Brian