RARA-AVIS: Re: Lawrence Block, satirical songwriter

From: ccpjlehane ( con@conlehane.com)
Date: 06 Apr 2007

One more fact of questionable value: the title of Block's When the Sacred Gin Mill Closes comes, if I remember correctly, from a Dave Van Ronk song. And while I'm at it, wouldn't every noir writer wish to change noir ... at least just a little? (I get behind in my email sometimes, so if this discussion ended a month ago, I apologize).

Con Lehane