Re: RARA-AVIS: Best Contemporary Hardboiled Author?

From: R. & J. Clinton ( clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 03 Dec 2006

Any of Jason Starr's novels Duane Swierczynski, THE WHEELMAN Andrew Vachss, THE GETAWAY MAN James Sallis, DRIVE Stewart O'Nan, THE SPEED QUEEN Dan Simmons, his three Kurtz (HARD...) novels Richard Stark is still putting 'em out... Cormac McCarthy, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN Hard Case Crime, Stark House, Millipede Press and Point Blank are putting out new/contemporary works (some more than others) and reprints in new/contemporary editions

I'm sure there're others that bear mentioning, but those are the ones who leap immediately to mind.

Ron Clinton

----- Original Message ----- From: "mburch5717" < mburch5717@AOL.com> To: < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 7:22 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Best Contemporary Hardboiled Author?