Re: RARA-AVIS: Sautet and film noir

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 22 Nov 2005

I recommend strongly this excellent noir film, which remains - close to completely- unaffected by its age. Claude Sautet is a real great director, and IMO, he was a far better cineaste in his noir films than in the "neo-social" bougeoisie films he did after them. CLASSE TOUS RISQUES was is first noir (1959), but he did also the excellent and innovative MAX ET LES FERRAILLEURS (1970); there was a third one: L'ARME A GAUCHE (1965), based on a novel by Charles Williams
(Aground, 1960).

E.Borgers HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

Jean-Pierre Jacquet a 飲it: