Re: RARA-AVIS: Back into the definitional whirlpool

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 14 May 2004

"I've explained why I don't think any post-'64 film truly qualifies, giving my reasons. You don't agree? Fine. But the question has nothing to do with the my definition."

I was talking about how various other "implied" necessary conditions seem to appear -- crime, lack of self-consciousness -- when you are applying/enforcing your definition.

"What I said then, and am again saying now, is that, unlike film, prose fiction that meets the definition of noir continued to be produced."

So, exactly what year was it in which no dark and sinister crime film was produced?

Mark