Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Juha

From: JT Lindroos ( juha@oivas.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2003

>>You shouldn't "put down" the books your Wit's End Publishing is involved
in. You did a fine job with Willford's The Second Half of the Double Feature -- both in the quality of the contents and in the design.<<

Thanks Doug; I should say that my "putting down" the books has to do with a more trivial part (that few even care about); the printed book, and that's more of a problem with the printer. You get what you pay for. Now that we're sticking with the trade editions and forgetting the hardcovers it should be less of an issue. I *am* very proud and happy with the contents; we spent a lot of time & effort on it and if the text is all that matters, I believe we delivered a wonderful addition to the Willeford canon. I'm thrilled to have been able to do so. And, hell, I'm pretty happy with the design too.

>>Thanks for your kind words about Carol Heyer's brushwork for some of our
covers. Carol does what some people call "heightened realism" -- marvelous, glowing detail. Tom Roberts, who has designed the covers for most of our pulp-related books, has a similar style.<<

That's right -- he's done some marvelous stuff for you! I'm always envious as I can't really do that kind of stuff (I can occasionally fake it with manipulated photos). The Hugh Cave selection for example is marvelous.

Happy Thanksgiving! --Juha.

--
JT Lindroos
Wit's End Publishing