Re: RARA-AVIS: Katy Munger's tough PI

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Nov 2003

Ed, I agree that Munger keeps things moving and has a good sense of humor. My problem is that I can't believe in her characters. Also, it seems that Munger's obvious intelligence is precluding flights of fantasy. The whole thing is too rational for me. I've found this extreme rationality to be a problem with several female writers, including Sue Grafton. Great plots, no fantasy, few surprises (psychological surprises).

Best,

Mario