Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Pinkney Benedict

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Sep 2003

<<BROTHERS AND KEEPERS, Wideman>>

Wideman is a tough, depressing writer. Stylistically, he is more discursive than most of the writers we discuss here. His short stories have been collected and are good. His main theme is the black experience in the US. I recommend his work, but you shouldn't expect upbeat entertainment or manufactured "noir" drama. Wideman writes about the real stuff.

Regards,

Mario