Re: RARA-AVIS: New hardboiled paperback mystery series

From: Ron Clinton ( clinton65@att.net)
Date: 16 Aug 2003

One more: I'd love to see/hold/read a copy of Elliott Chaze's BLACK WINGS HAS MY ANGEL. Don't know much about it, other than it's been highly touted on this List...as well as many editorial overviews of the Gold Medal era touting it as one of the absolute best of the bunch. And at resale prices ranging anywhere from $100 to $400, it's a book many of us aren't -- save as a reprint -- ever destined to read otherwise.

Ron C.

> From: "Michael Robison" < zspider@gte.net>
> > Good luck, Charles. It's an admirable project. I am just about totally
> > clueless concerning what the public wants, but some of the best stuff
> > I've read is Charles Williams, and I haven't seen any reprints of his
> > work.
>
> Ditto for Gil Brewer...from what I recall per Ed Gorman, several of
Brewer's