Re: RARA-AVIS: 30's and some 40's suggestions

From: SRHarbin@aol.com
Date: 27 Nov 2002

In a message dated 11/27/2002 9:00:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, Robison_M@crane.navy.mil writes:

> And I agree with
> your comments about the 30s generating good writers. I've been
> trying to find 15 or 20 new authors for every decade. The
> Thirties were not a problem. The Forties required a bit
> more
> looking around.

I agree about the 30's. It seems to me that I may get bogged down in the period, as a lot of these writers interest me more than some of the guys/gals who followed. I keep finding 30's stuff I want to read and the month is almost over!

However, I will toss out two suggestions for the 40's month coming up:

SOLOMON'S VINEYARD, by Jonathan Latimer and some of Leigh Brackett's hard boiled stuff.

I love both, and look forward to re-reading them, esp. SV, as I think it even better than RED HARVEST. Steven