Re: RARA-AVIS: manchette and cook

From: Nicole Leclerc ( lectrice@videotron.ca)
Date: 23 Nov 2002

> > Three To Kill by Jean-Patrick Manchette: Wow. This French novel written
in
> the 70s but recently translated to English is fantastic.

I'm confused - but then what's new. I went to my library site and they list two Manchettes: Jean-Patrick and Jean-Pierre. The have Three to Kill in French but it is listed under Jean-Pierre along with another titled Nada. The one attributed to Jean-Patrick is "Melanie White", also in French. Are there two Manchettes who write mysteries or did they slip while transcribing the names?

Nicole