RARA-AVIS: "Watching the Detectives" on Chandler/Marlowe

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 16 Jul 2000

My nearby (Buffalo, New York) PBS station is showing the third of the
"Watching the Detectives" series next Thursday, and it's on Chandler and Marlowe. I saw the first one, on Conan Doyle and Holmes, and it was only adequate, so I don't expect a lot from this one. They did have film of Conan Doyle speaking (his accent was a lot like Sean Connery's) so perhaps they'll have footage of Chandler, if there's such a thing. It's a British series, so perhaps our UK compadres have already seen it. I don't know how PBS arranges stuff across the US but I imagine it'll be shown most places.

Bill