Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Small World

From: Jeanheller@aol.com
Date: 08 Jul 2000

In a message dated 7/8/00 10:48:03 PM, kvnsmith@colba.net writes:

<< Certainly Hammett's and most of Cain's prose is spare and lean, but the prose of Chandler and particularly Macdonald often went on non-abbreviated flights of poetic fancy, full of similes and metaphors. >>

Hi--

Gotta go with Kevin here. And I would add to his list Evan Hunter/Ed McBain, whose narratives years ago became almost self-indulgent. I still love the books, but I have learned how to skip stuff ("skip stuff" being a highly technical literary term I would be happy to explain for a small fee).

Jean Heller