Re: RARA-AVIS: Black Mask Magazines

pabergin (pabergin@gte.net)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:07:09 -0400

Scott writes:
<<I'd love to get an original copy of a Black Mask Magazine . . . How much do they go for, ie. a range in prices?>>

The last time I had occasion to sell one, I got $45.00. And that was for one from the 40s, well past BM's prime. Copies from the heyday of the Black Mask Boys, particularly those with work by Hammett or Chandler, are probably higher. Try ABE or E-bay, the auction site. Some interesting things pop up when you least expect it.

Dime Detective is a better collecting possibility. Overall, I think it was also a better mag, but that's just me. PB