RARA-AVIS: please allow me to introduce myself

ElectricSuit@aol.com
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:23:49 EDT

Hi Everyone,

As suggested by my welcoming letter to this mailing list group, I am writing this letter to introduce myself to the group. I first discovered pulp fiction outside of that infamous movie when I saw Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw in The Getaway. Out of curiosity I read what seems to be Jim Thompson's most famous book and I was an instant fan. I've also read The Killer Inside Me, Wild Town, The Grifters, After Dark My Sweet, and the Sleep with the Devil biography. As for my exposure to the genre, I've a few anthologies, including The Mammoth Book. In the less pure part of the genre, I've a large collection of Destroyer paperbacks.

Now, a little personal information. I'm a 20 year old college student majoring in history who's interested in all forms of literature and because a sponge of whatever forms of info I'm interested in so I've joined this list to learn more about hard boiled fiction and those who wrote/write it.

NHT