Re: RARA-AVIS: "The Dead Don't Care" Where?

Mark Blumenthal (blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 16:09:08 -0500

Bill,

A lot of Latimer was reprinted in the '90's by International Polygonics and might be available new in independent bookstores. It has Bill Crane and his crew protecting a wealthy playboy in Florida who has been threatened by 'The Eye'. I thought for sure you read it. Like your choice of Matt Helms you didn't choose the first or second in the series, and both your choices climax with a desperate struggle by the protagonist who has been imprisoned on a boat.

It seems very contrived. Maybe because I live in Chicago, I like __Lady in The Morgue__ better. Though it's not in the series, I think __Soloman's Vineyard__ would have been the best selection for our group. Mark Blumenthal