Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled Dames

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:15:46 -0400 (EDT)

Mari, I second the recommendation on Divorcing Jack. I haven't yet read A Cycle of Violence, is it as good and as funny? Isn't there also a third by him?

Another funny, perverse, sick writer from across the pond, although UK, not Ireland, is Charles Higson. His Getting Rid of Mr. Kitchen is a hilarious variation on the Hitchcock/Patrick Hamilton's Rope plot, where a killer is never left alone long enough to get rid of the body.

Mark

-