Re: RARA-AVIS: Schelping, Aarons' Covers

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Sun, 01 Nov 1998 14:58:36 -0600 Rick Robinson wrote:
> SCHLEPPING
> Mari, I love you but I feel the need to make a modification
> to your statement "US delivery is not very good nor
> dependable.". If I'm mailing from the US to the US I have

Well, pardon the band width, but feel I must defend. My friend (and you
all know her too) Terry Kleba shipped books from B'con in Seattle and
they were longer than a year getting to her. Seems the delivery servie
delivered them to the wrong house and those people didn't bother to
bring them to her. The shippers drug their feet paying because there
were first editions there that were worth more than the marked price and
they were autographed (and she paid fair first edition price) so I don't
schlep for that reason. I guess for every horror story you find a good
one.

from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net
#