Re: RARA-AVIS: HB nonfiction

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 02:46:16 -0500 (CDT) At 12:03 AM 7/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Interesting thread on HB nonfiction.

There is an amazing memoir by a jewish jazz artist
whose name suddenly escapes me called _Really The Blues_ detailing the black
jazz underworld, their connections to organized crime, the way Chicago
prostitution worked , his own spell doing hard time and the ins and outs
(mostly outs) of being a junkie. Lot of stuff about jazz, too. A great book.
I'll try to find my copy so that I can pass on the authors name. This one is
really a classic, and that's not an expression that I throw around more than
I have to.

James
James Michael Rogers
jetan@ionet.net