Re: RARA-AVIS: doing crank

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:30:16 -0500 (CDT) At 12:49 PM 4/29/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm not sure that meth is exactly the same as speed. Someone (Bill?)
>said 'crank is to speed as crack is to coke' so I would imagine that
>crank is a sort of 'super speed' rather than bog-standard amphetemene
>sulphate. I wonder if there's an FAQ?

In my mis-spent and delightful youth, I researched this
substance quite a bit. Crystal meth was simply very good (pharmaceutical
quality) speed and was a welcome relief from the always pitiful and
sometimes dangerous "black beauties", "yellowjackets" and "white crosses"
that floated around. We called it the "poor man's coke". All of the girls I
knew did the stuff constantly, keeping them slender, lovely. and rather
paranoid. Nowadays, judging from my clients stories, the price of meth has
soared as the quality has bottomed out.
James Michael Rogers
jetan@ionet.net

#