[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE: RARA-AVIS: Long-Unseen Goodbye

enjoyed Mulholland Falls and Devil In a Blue Dress for their evocative sense
of place, but found both a bit lacking in terms of plot.

Curtis Hansen recently completed a film version of Ellroy's L.A. Confidential
with Nick Nolte and Kim Basinger.

regarding Altman's Long Goodbye- best moment when gangster portrayed by film
director Mark Rydell breaks a coke bottle on his mistress' face and tells
Marlowe, "that's someone I love.  You I don't even like."  If that isn't hard
boiled, I don't know what is.  film also notable for its score, non-static
master shots and Arnold Schwartzenegger's early screen appearance.
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]